Pediatric leaders in Alabama are warning families about unusually high and severe influenza activity occurring throughout the state, especially in children.ALL Kids Alabamacovers vital health care services including flu vaccines, preventive care, and prescriptions.
The Junior Beta Club Induction Ceremony will be held at 1:00 p.m. in the SMS gym with a reception to follow in the lunchroom. Candidates should wear Sunday attire and stay within the dress code. Family members of the participants are welcome to attend
Veterans Day Program Information
Our Veterans Day Program is Wednesday, November 9th, at 8:30 AM in the gym. Students who want to submit a veteran to be honored at our program must fill out the Google form below. If they do the hardcopy version of the Google form, they will have to print it and turn it in to Mrs. Clokey.
Parents/Students, we have had a GREAT week this year at SMS with homecoming dress-up days and events. We especially appreciate SHS's invite to the pep rally this morning, where the energy level was excellent in getting ready for tonight's game and festivities. Be aware that, starting Monday, we will get back to "normal" regarding our enforcement of the dress code and other school policies that may have been relaxed this week.
Our 2021-22 SMS yearbooks have arrived. We have spoken with Mrs. Wardrup, the SHS librarian, and she will help distribute them to current SHS students who ordered a yearbook. She plans to handle this next Tuesday and Wednesday during the SHS Lion Period. For current SMS students, we plan to distribute them Monday afternoon. If you are reading this and have students who ordered a 2021-22 SMS yearbook, but your child is not a student at SMS or SHS this year, please contact the office.
A reminder that we are still encouraging attendance during September and will have prizes for students that have perfect attendance from Sept. 6th-30th.
Homecoming Dress-Up Days
Monday - Tacky Tourist
Tuesday - Dress Like A Teacher
Wednesday - Twin Day
Thursday - Decades Day
Friday - Sardis Lions Day
Sardis Schools: Early Release and Homecoming Parade
We will be getting out on Friday, September 16 at 11:45 for bus riders and 11:50 for car riders; for the SHS Homecoming Parade that afternoon at SHS at 2 PM.
Guidelines for Participation in the SHS Homecoming Parade
Here are the guidelines for participation in the SHS Homecoming Parade on Friday, September 16 at 2 PM. The parade is sponsored and managed by SHS personnel, and the guidelines are also set by SHS.
1. Each grade at SMS may have a float in the parade. (SMS assumes no responsibility in any way regarding floats or homecoming parade participation other than helping SHS if/when needed.)
2. Rec league teams (football, cheer, etc) may also have floats in the parade.
3. Floats will be lined up along the "bus road" at SHS; starting with the younger cheer and football teams and working in order from there to the high school floats and homecoming representatives.
3. Candy can only be thrown from floats by SHS students and floats in the parade. No students at SMS, regardless of the float or vehicle they may be in at the parade are allowed to throw candy to spectators.
4. Every student in the parade must have a parent permission form. These will be collected when floats and vehicles line up at 1:30 PM in the SHS band parking lot on Friday, September 16.
5. SMS will have permission forms in the front office for students to pick up that want to be in the parade.
The Free/Reduced Meal benefit application is live!!! To expedite the processing of the application, please do the following:
🍎 Provide student's complete name as enrolled at school.
🥦 Choose your student's school. If it isn't listed, you are completing the wrong application. Your student's school is not an Etowah County school (may be in Attalla or Gadsden City, Boaz City, etc.).
If you are not interested in your student receiving free/reduced meal benefits, you are not required to complete the application, but it is encouraged. Benefits are not limited to meals.
A new application is required each school year for families who wish to receive the meal benefit. The status of your most recently approved application carries over for 30 school days into the new school year.